"The equivalent of 20 classrooms-full of children take up smoking every day in the UK," reports The Independent. This disturbing headline comes from estimates of the number of children between the ages of 11 and 15 who start smoking each day…
- Today's mums 'less active' than mothers in the 1960s
- Study may bust myth of 'fat and fit' healthy obesity
- New test shows if DCIS breast cancer will spread
- Review clubs and classes
- December competitions
- gifts for teachers
Try some of our favourite winter recipes: warming soups, comforting stews and delicious puddings using the best of the season's fruits.
Buy & Sell
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (3)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (4)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (13)
- Furniture and furnishings (18)
- Gardening and Outdoors (3)
- Household and DIY (26)
- Miscellaneous (29)
- Musical instruments (4)
- Outdoor pursuits (12)
- Pets (3)
- Photography, camcorders and telephones (4)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (5)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.