Jackman expects skin cancer return
1:24pm Tuesday 13th May 2014 in © Press Association 2014
Hugh Jackman has said he expects to suffer more skin cancerous growths following the removal of a second one from his nose.
The 45-year-old father-of-two recently had surgery in the US earlier this month to remove a basal-cell carcinoma from his face. Basal-cell carcinoma is a slow-growing form of skin cancer and the Australian actor was treated for the same disease in November 2013.
Speaking in Beijing to promote his latest movie, X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Hugh told The Associated Press: "I'm realistic about the future and it's more than likely that I'll have at least one more but probably many more."
He added: "But the beauty of this is it's all preventable, it's just about getting proper check-ups."
The X-Men star recently posted a picture of himself with a plaster on his nose on Instagram and urged his social media followers to wear sunscreen to protect themselves against cancer.
Hugh tweeted: "Another Basel Cell Carsinoma [sic]. All out now. Thanks Dr. Albom and Dr. Arian. PLEASE! PLEASE! WEAR SUNSCREEN!"