Brosnan keen to do Expendables 4
9:12am Wednesday 2nd July 2014 in © Press Association 2014
Pierce Brosnan has confirmed he wants to join the next Expendables movie.
The former James Bond star told ComingSoon.net that if there is a fourth instalment in Sylvester Stallone's franchise for ageing action heroes, he would love a part.
Pierce, who has previously hinted that he has been approached about doing one of the films, said: "I said to [producer] Avi Lerner, 'If it works out and you have a good script, Avi, you know where to find me if you still want me.' It's as simple as that really."
The first two Expendables films were released in 2010 and 2012 and starred action icons such as Sly, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham and Jet Li.
The third film is due out later this year and will see Mel Gibson and Harrison Ford among the actors joining the cast.
Irish star Pierce, 61, continued: "Sylvester Stallone is the one that's given us these wonderful platforms for actors who have and had careers to go play and have fun and to entertain.
"To bring a bunch of guys together who saved the world, fought the bad guys, and put them all on the same stage, that's crazy good."
A female-focused Expendables spin-off, called The ExpendaBelles, is also in the pipeline.