Malone won't repeat X Factor battle
8:04am Thursday 13th September 2012 in © Press Association 2014
Gareth Malone has said he won't be taking on The X Factor again this year.
The 37-year-old music maestro trumped the ITV1 show in the charts when his Military Wives Choir scooped the 2011 Christmas number one - beating X Factor winners Little Mix to the top spot.
But Gareth, who is returning to TV screens with a new show, The Choir: Sing While You Work, told TV Times he wouldn't be attempting to repeat his victory.
"I don't think I could take the pressure, to be perfectly honest!" he said.
"Last year was exceptional and absolutely extraordinary.
"It was just a wonderful thing. I don't like to repeat myself, really, I like to try to do different things."