Tulisa in court over assault claim

Congleton Guardian: Tulisa Contostavlos denies an assault charge linked to celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan Tulisa Contostavlos denies an assault charge linked to celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan

Singer Tulisa Contostavlos will return to court today as her trial over claims she assaulted a celebrity blogger resumes.

Writer Savvas Morgan alleges he suffered swelling to his eye after an alleged incident involving the 25-year-old at the V-Festival in Chelmsford, Essex, last year.

But the ex-N-Dubz star and former X Factor judge has claimed she did not attack him and has been the victim of a vendetta, saying Mr Morgan had a "strange obsession" with her.

Contostavlos denies an assault charge linked to the alleged altercation last August.

The star attended the first two days of her trial at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court last month with her assistant, Gareth Varey, who is accused of threatening behaviour, which he also denies.

But district judge Angus Hamilton adjourned the case so that further witnesses can be called.

One of the outstanding issues surrounds the existence of a "lost" photograph of Mr Morgan's injuries.

During the trial, Contostavlos said she was disappointed "a playground slanging match" had reached court and was keen for it to be resolved adding: "This is my life on the line."

Other celebrities, including singer and rapper Misha B, Sugababes singer Mutya Buena, singer Alexandra Burke and rapper Wretch 32, all witnessed the incident but have not given evidence.

Contostavlos told the court that Mr Morgan had conducted a "vendetta" against her since an incident in which she asked security to remove him from a VIP area at the Whisky Mist nightclub in London's Mayfair.

She also outlined her suspicions that Mr Morgan was involved in the release of a sex tape of her online.

But she claimed she had no grudge against him, saying: "He was one of many."

Mr Morgan told the court that Contostavlos raised her fists in the air and was swinging her arms in a backstage area at the festival.

"Everyone was jumping around trying to get at me, there was a lot going on," he said.

Prosecutor Matthew McNiff said the incident happened at 12.30am on August 18 as Mr Morgan was about to leave. He said Contostavlos accused Mr Morgan of stalking her, and swore at him.

Contostavlos and Varey, 28, both of Royal Drive, Friern Barnet, north London, are both on unconditional bail.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree