Moore sacked by Tranmere
2:07pm Wednesday 9th April 2014 in © Press Association 2014
Tranmere have sacked manager Ronnie Moore less than 24 hours after he admitted a Football Association charge regarding multiple breaches of betting rules.
Moore was suspended by the Sky Bet League One club on February 17 after an investigation was launched by the FA's Football Integrity Unit and the 61-year-old was last week charged over ''multiple breaches'' of betting rules.
After admitting the charge and requesting a personal hearing, the former Rotherham boss has now been told he has been relieved of his duties at Prenton Park.
"Tranmere Rovers Football Club have today terminated the employment of Ronnie Moore for being in breach of his contract," the club said in a statement.
"Moore has admitted an FA charge regarding multiple breaches of Rule E8(b) for misconduct in relation to betting and requested a personal hearing.
Football operations director and club secretary Mick Horton said: "Tranmere Rovers will not tolerate any action that damages the integrity of this Football Club.
"Any staff members found to be guilty of misconduct will face severe action."
Current regulations prohibit players, managers and club officials from betting on competitions in which their teams are involved.
Assistant manager John McMahon has been in temporary charge during Moore's suspension as Rovers battle against relegation, although Wednesday's statement did not make clear whether McMahon would remain in the post for the rest of the season.
A date for Moore's personal FA hearing will be set in due course.