Mourinho eager to focus on league
10:25am Thursday 10th April 2014 in © Press Association 2014
Chelsea will learn their Champions League semi-final opponents on Friday with manager Jose Mourinho preferring to focus on the Premier League.
Mourinho has cancelled his weekly media briefing ahead of Sunday's match at Swansea, preferring to turn his players' attention to ending Chelsea's three-match losing streak away from home at the Liberty Stadium.
Prior to the 3-1 loss at Paris St Germain - a result Chelsea overturned on Tuesday to reach the last four of the Champions League - the Blues were beaten at Aston Villa and Crystal Palace.
Mourinho attended a personal hearing on Wednesday following an improper conduct charge after he was sent to the stands by referee Chris Foy towards the end of a 1-0 loss at Villa Park.
But the Portuguese was on Thursday fined £8,000 and warned as to his future conduct by the Football Association.
It is understood Mourinho is unhappy with the verdict and is waiting for the independent regulatory commission's written reasons before deciding how to respond and whether to appeal against the ruling.
It was the second time Mourinho had been sent to the stands this season.
Following his sending off against Cardiff in October, Mourinho accepted the charge and was fined £8,000, but he was not prepared to leave the latest charge unchallenged.
He said: "It can be £1. It's the principle."
Mourinho was dismissed after Ramires had been shown a red card for an over-the-top tackle on Karim El Ahmadi. As well as Ramires, Willian was sent off during the contest.
The Chelsea manager came on to the pitch as a melee ensued involving players from both teams, with the substituted Gabriel Agbonlahor and Villa manager Paul Lambert also on the pitch.
The Portuguese claimed he was only attempting to cool tempers, and to ask Foy why he had not sent off Agbonlahor for accosting Ramires, but the referee was not interested and he dismissed the Chelsea manager.
Mourinho then asked to speak to Foy in the referee's room, but he did not want to speak to the Chelsea boss.
The Blues boss then called on the Premier League not to appoint Foy for Chelsea matches.
Mourinho has been seething since the loss at Villa, the first of two away defeats in succession in the Premier League.
After the defeat at Crystal Palace, Mourinho conceded Chelsea's title chances were over, although they are two points behind leaders Liverpool entering this weekend's fixtures.
Mourinho said recently: "Can we play against Aston Villa again? No.
"The momentum was broken. Somebody broke the momentum."
Mourinho also believes Foy's performance could prove costly for Chelsea.
He said: "The other matches we lost because we didn't play well. You find the natural reasons for losing a match.
"If you go to the Villa match it's difficult. What happened in the defeat against Villa I never learn, I never accept.
"Somebody was very successful in putting a hurdle in front of us. And we crashed the hurdle against Aston Villa and we lost.
"Villa was not a normal football match and we always hope that football matches are normal."
Mourinho also left his technical area after Demba Ba's decisive strike against PSG in Tuesday's 2-0 win, racing down the touchline in celebration and to provide tactical instructions.
The Portuguese has avoided punishment from UEFA, though.
UEFA told Press Association Sport: "No disciplinary proceedings have been opened in this regard."